Friday, December 23, 2011

BlackLitChat: Tananarive Due

I'm sorry I didn't post a heads up about this earlier, but Tananarive Due, author of the spellbinding "African Immortals", series was the host of last week's BlackLitChat. You can read a transcript of the conversation here.

I posted about Due's work back in October, (for Halloween!) but her books make terrific reading at any time of year. Even if you don't usually read horror, you should give Due a try: her books are richly atmospheric with characters you come to care about deeply. She also weaves African And African American history into each novel, lending them a strong sense of place and time. I'm re-reading My Soul to Keep and I continue to be mesmerized by her blending of history, culture, romance and the supernatural.

No comments:

Post a Comment